Gynaecology is concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of specifically female health problems. Gynaecologists are responsible for the treatment of functional disorders in the conception cycle and the detection of cancers of the sex organs.
In our hospitals you will find experts in all the areas of gynaecological and urogynaecological surgery, breast medicine, early detection by photomedicine and oncology:
- Obstetrics, the treatment of problems in puberty, the treatment of infertility, gynaecological oncology and breast medicine are the subject of outpatient consultations.
- Gynaecological surgery uses endoscopic procedures to treat lesions of the vagina and uterus, where possible without trauma.
- Laparoscopy enables surgery to be performed on the ovaries, fallopian tubes and uterus, where possible without postoperative trauma.
- Urogynaecological surgery is concerned with the treatment of incontinence. Many women suffer from incontinence symptoms after a certain age, but also after one or more births.
- Oncological gynaecology is concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of tumours.
- Breast cancer treatments nowadays include the use of breast-conserving procedures, by means of which tumours can be removed without amputating the breast.